Friday, January 25, 2008

New Beginnings

I was hoping that I would get a chance to scrapbook or even just get pictures into an album...it's just not happening and Lola is almost two! I see that a lot of people blog so I am going to give it a try. I have a gazillion pictures stored on my computer and this way I can add comments and remember the pictures and the detailed stories behind some of them. I feel like I need to back track a lot but if I start from the beginning I just might feel a little too overwhelmed to continue. So let's start with a brief overview and dive into what is happening now!



So let me tell you a little bit about me and my little family....

Jonathan and I began dating in the fall of 2000. We actually graduated together from the same school but our paths never really crossed. We then got engaged March 2001 and later that year we got married in October. We rented for a little over a year and then February 2003 we bought a small house in an older subdivision. Then in 2005 we had a nice little surprise...I was pregnant. We began renovating the main floor hoping to be back in before our bundle arrived. We moved in on a Friday and then on Monday March 20, 2006 Lola Danae arrived. I had always wanted a little girl and I got her. Jonathan and I also had no "boy" names picked out. Lola has been such a blessing to us. Every day we see changes and she has her little quirks that make us laugh. She loves to talk and talk and talk. I can't wait to understand everything she is saying. I went back to work, 4 days a week when Lola was a year old. I would have gone back less days but I was pregnant again and wanted to collect maternity leave before the next bundle came. Again, I really wanted another girl and again we couldn't agree on a "boy" name. Zoey Claire entered our world on August 15, 2007. She has been such a happy, easy baby. She is full of smiles and giggles and is growing up so quickly. Yes, the girls are 17 months a part. They are keeping me very busy, when one is sleeping the other is up. I sometimes get a half hour of alone time during the day. It's a nice little break. Well that's all for now. I will try to get some pictures posted soon. ......this was kinda fun.....

2 comments:

Evelyn W said...

Hey Gen! Your blog is looking good! I LOVE the pictures of the girls! It makes me miss them so much! Can't wait to see more pictures...

Lorrie said...

Hi Genny remember me?? Way back when before kiddies?? :)
Anyways, found your link thro Kelly's and just wanted to say hi, and that your girls are beautiful!!!!!!