Monday, January 28, 2008

Good Finds

Zoey has been playing shy with many people...even family. On Saturday I left Zoey for part of the day at her Lita's (Spanish for grandma). The first hour I was gone didn't go so well but I guess she realized that she had to deal with the fact that I wasn't around. It turned out that she had a nice bonding time with Lita. When I picked her up she was all smiles. Ah, what a nice feeling.

While Zoey was at Lita's, Lola was was having bonding time with her daddy. I went out with the girls to a kid's swap meet. We found some good deals. We picked up a few large outdoor play items for Jon's mom's backyard. She spends a lot of time with the kids back there when they are over. They are going to love the new toys: a push car, a tunnel and another big plastic object that has a door a mailbox and plastic garden. I can't wait to see them play on it. I got some good deals as well shoes for 2 and 5 bucks, clothes for 2 bucks, a toy highchair for 5 bucks, a toddler bed for 20 bucks and probably the BEST buy so far was a pair of Barbie plastic high heels for 1 buck! Lola put them on and wore them ALL night. Even after her bath she had to put them back on. Jon and I were laughing at her clicking away on the hardwood floor. I was amazed at how well she could walk in them.

When I came home from the swap meet I found Jon, Lola and Shoney playing in the snow. It looked like they had a great time. I still can't believe how much had snowed in such short period of time. That's one thing that I will always love: SNOW! I was hoping to go outside with the girls today but it just seems too cold. I think we are just gonna curl up on the couch with a bunch of books today. I will be looking forward to more snow tonight!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Genny - I'm pleased to see you've joined the world of blogging! Those pictures of the girls are great - Lola is such a big kid already. And walking around in heels?? Very cute :)

My blog has been privatized, but I'll send an email invitation to you so you can access it if you'd like!