Sunday, March 2, 2008

Where has the time gone??

Has the month really flown by that fast? I have NO entries for February...how pathetic is that!!?? Now hmmm lets see...

Lola is halfway done her swimming lessons. We are having a lot of fun! Going twice a week sure makes for a busier week. I can't wait until I get a chance to take Zoey. So far she loves her baths so that's a good sign that she likes the water. The girls sure do enjoy bathing together.

Zoey is still working at sitting on her own. We are almost there, she is just so....what's the word...top-heavy? I got her weighed in the middle of February (6month mark) and she is 18 pounds 12 ounces. (WOW what a change from what Lola was like at that age). She enjoys her jolly jumper and excersaucer but I think the most fun she has is when her and Lola hang out in their crib together. All I hear is giggling...is that a sign of what is yet to come? My little girls are so much fun!

Lola's words are coming along. Everyday the words she knows become clearer and clearer. She has a favourite book, it's all about hedgehogs (it's so cute hearing her say "hedgehog") She is such a busy body, always full of energy and is beginning to test the waters. How much can she get away with and the latest is "fake" crying to see if mommy will give in. I am totally on to her!! One other new thing/phase she is going through is always wanting to be with me...what a great feeling 'to be needed' except when I need to get things done or drop her off somewhere. Guess I'll see how it goes.


The last couple weeks I have been researching double strollers. Do I get a Phil and Teds? Do I get a regular tandem? Do I get a side-by-side? So many options, so many high prices!! I was searching through eBay and Craig's List. I can't believe how many people think they can sell their strollers for the same price that I could get a brand new one!! I was beginning to lose sleep over it...why? I have NO idea!! Silliness I guess. Luckily a friend of mine heard I was looking and she was planning on listing hers but I scooped it up. It's a Schwinn jogger stroller so the girls sit side-by-side and both sides recline. It's has a swivel front wheel that can lock when in jogging mode. We've gone on a few walks and the I think the girls are getting used to it. My goal is to walk to and around Mill Lake like I used to do after I had Lola.

Another goal I have is to try to post something at least once a week...hopefully I can!

No comments: