Friday, March 7, 2008

My Creative Side

About six years ago I took the Wilton Cake Decorating Course with a friend of mine. We wanted to improve our decorating skills and we had a lot of fun doing it. Even long before that, my mom had a few icing bags and tips for cake decorating. I was always looking for an opportunity to play with them. Since the course I have enjoyed making a few shower cakes and two wedding cakes. I will have to dig for photos of previous cakes and post them at a later date.
Today I had another opportunity to make a baby shower cake. I was looking forward to this for a couple days. My sister-in-law was throwing a shower for a friend/co-worker of hers and I offered to make the cake. Since Lola usually goes to my mother-in-laws every Friday it was perfect timing for me to create.



2 comments:

rachel joy said...

Great job, Genny! Cake decorating is such a scary thing. You make it looks so easy. (And I see you changed your "Poppy" into a "Poopy" :)

kelly ens said...

So cute!! i love it! :)